This creamy One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese is packed with serious flavor and it is so easy it will be on your table in under 30 minutes!
This One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese recipe is a staple in our house! We make it year round. I’m a big fan of creamy dishes and this might just be my creamiest recipe! Plus, it’s stacked with a serious punch of flavor. Best yet, if you are lucky enough to have leftovers, it still maintains it’s creamy texture and if it is possible… the flavor continues to build!
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
- Ground Beef (I use Ground Round for this recipe)
- Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- Can of Chili Fixins Rotel
- Can of Chili Beans in Mild Sauce (or whatever heat index you prefer)
- Chili Powder
- Cajun Seasoning (I use Slap Ya Mama – it’s the best)
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Elbow Macaroni
- Velveeta Cheese (Regular Flavor)
- Fresh Grated Cheddar Cheese
How to make Chili Mac and Cheese
Since this Chili Mac and Cheese is made in one pot, it really could not be easier.
- First, season beef with kosher salt and pepper
- Then, brown the onions, garlic and beef in a dutch oven
- Drain off fat and move the meat mixture back to the dutch oven
- Add chicken or beef stock, rotel, chili beans, chili powder, cumin, cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes, and macaroni noodles
- Stir mixture until combined
- Make sure that all noodles are under the liquid
- Bring to a soft boil, cover and reduce to medium-low
- Cook for 13-15 minutes
- Uncover, stir mixture and ensure that the noodles are done
- Once noodles are confirmed al dente, remove from heat, add the cheese and stir until melted
- Add a sprinkle of parsley, if so desired
What if I don’t like spicy food?
While the spices here typically lend to a spicy flavor profile, it is not “hot” per se, it’s just very flavorful. However, if you are still concerned, you can easily omit the cajun seasoning and/or the red pepper flakes. My only suggestion would be to test the dish before serving and add any salt and pepper as desired.
Note: If you choose to omit any spices, please give the dish a few minutes to thicken then taste before adding any additional salt and pepper. If you feel it needs additional seasoning, please add your desired seasoning, give it a quick stir and let it sit for another couple minutes to allow the spices to melt into the dish.
How should this Chili Mac and Cheese be stored?
Please store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
If you aren’t feeding an army, you can freeze this for up to 3 months. Be sure to store in a completely air tight container to maintain maximum freshness. If you have a vacuum sealing food device, allow the meal to firm up before vacuu-sealing it and storing it in the freezer.
Please let the meal cool down fully before storing in the fridge or freezer.
We love easy meals – and this One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese recipe is a family favorite! For the sheer fact that we can get this on the table in 30 minutes or less is huge plus for us. Clean-up is also a snap since it’s made in one pot. It’s a total comfort meal for us and I hope it is for you too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4.5 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 (10 ounce) can Chili Fixins Rotel
- 1 can (16 ounce) chili beans in mild sauce (do not drain)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 10 ounces elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces cubed velveeta
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Season ground beef with kosher salt and pepper
- Brown onion, garlic, and ground beef in a large dutch over over Medium heat.
- Drain off fat and return the beef to the Dutch Oven
- Next, add low sodium chicken stock, rotel, chili beans, cumin, chili powder, cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes, and macaroni noodles.
- Stir all ingredients, then make sure that all the macaroni noodles are covered by liquid
- Bring mixture to a soft boil, cover Dutch Oven and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes or until pasta is cooked
- Remove from heat and add cheeses then stir until melted.
- Give the mixture a few minutes to cool before serving
- Add any additional seasoning, if desired
If you choose to omit any spices, please give the dish a few minutes to thicken then taste before adding any additional salt and pepper. If you feel it needs additional seasoning, please add your desired seasoning, give it a quick stir and let it sit for another couple minutes to allow the spices to melt into the dish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 566Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 1773mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 40g
The nutritional values above are auto calculated by a nutrition program and can vary based on brands of ingredients used.
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.