Buffalo Chicken Dip is a staple appetizer for any party or holiday. This elevated version is extremely flavorful and creamy. It’s also Keto Friendly!
This Buffalo Chicken Dip is on a pretty constant rotation at our house. We love it for any occasion. When we’re having a party we love to add these Air Fryer Ranch Potatoes to the mix!
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Heavy Cream
- Ranch Dressing
- Shredded Chicken
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Three Cheese Blend
- Black Pepper
How to make this Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
In a large pot, melt butter, brown shallot and garlic.
Add chicken and wing sauce.
Add heavy cream, cream cheese and ranch dressing.
Stir until cream cheese is melted.
Melt in half of all cheeses, thoroughly combine.
Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
Cook for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip: To make this dip in a slow cooker, spray the sides of the crock pot insert, combine all ingredients – half of all shredded cheeses, stir until well combined. Top with remaining cheeses. Cook on low for 2-3 hours.
Stovetop Buffalo Chicken Dip: Follow the standard recipe instructions listed below. Once mixture is made. Top with remaining cheese, turn stove to low and cover. Allowing the cheese to melt for approximately 15 minutes.
Substituting Rotisserie Chicken: Most typical recipes call for canned chicken. If you prepare enough ahead of time, pick up a rotisserie chicken and shred the meat and use this in place of the canned chicken.
When I have it on hand, I love topping this easy buffalo chicken dip with some crumbled bacon.
If you prefer a bigger bite, consider adding some green chiles to the mixture before baking.
I use ranch dressing because blue cheese tends to be either a love it or hate it kind of thing. I err on the side of caution. However, if you prefer blue cheese, substitute the ranch dressing for blue cheese. You can also sub the parmesan cheese for blue cheese crumbles.
You can easily turn this into a casserole to make a complete dinner. To do this, cook 12 ounces of pasta – such as penne or rotini. Add pasta to the chicken mixture and bake at 350*F for approximately 20 minutes. Feel free to add broccoli before baking.
There are almost an endless array of options on what to serve with this Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- Keto Friendly: Serve with celery, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, cauliflower, cucumbers, low carb tortillas, and/or low carb crackers
- Chips: Any chip will do, really. Scoops, Fritos, Pita Chips, Triscuits, Crackers
- Breads: A sturdy bread works great. French bread or Cuban bread
I’ve gone through countless versions of this recipe and while I’ve never had a bad one, I’ve just always felt that something was missing. The ingredients in this recipe lend to a flavor packed dip that makes the perfect addition to any party or holiday celebration. Try it today!
Are you a cheese fan? Check out our Mac and Cheese.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 large shallot (or 2 small), minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 24 ounces of shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shedded or cubed (divided)
- 4 ounces shredded parmesan (divided)
- 8 ounces three cheese blend, shredded (divided)
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Brown minced shallot and garlic.
- Mix in chicken and wing sauce.
- Add heavy cream, ranch dressing, and cream cheese, stir until combined.
- Add half of all cheeses and stir until melted.
- Place mixture into oven safe dish and top with remaining cheese
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 593Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 168mgSodium: 1048mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 38g
The nutritional values above are auto calculated by a nutrition program and can vary based on brands of ingredients used.
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.