These Ranch Potatoes are bursting with flavor! Crispy outsides and tender insides. They are the perfect side to almost any meal! Plus, it’s only 7 ingredients!
Looking for more Air Fryer Recipes?! Check out these Crispy Fried Brussels Sprouts!
- Baby Red Potatoes (or a mix of Golds and Reds)
- Buttermilk Ranch Packets – you can use any version of the Ranch packets you can get your hands on
- Canola or Avocado Oil – both of these oils allow for high heat and give a nice crispiness
- Cajun Seasoning – great flavor and a little kick (if you prefer a little more kick, feel free to add up to a 1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper to the dry mix and make sure to distribute evenly)
- Onion Powder – allows for more flavor distribution as opposed to fresh onions
- Garlic Powder – allows for more flavor distribution as opposed to fresh garlic
- Parmesan Cheese – I use shredded but grated would work too, plus a little extra for topping!
- Parsley (optional, for topping)
- Kosher Salt (optional, for finishing)
How to make Ranch Potatoes
- Clean and dry potatoes, then cut potatoes in half length wise
- Place potatoes in a large gallon size ziplock bag or large mixing bowl
- Add the oil, ranch packets, cajun seasoning, parmesan cheese with onion and garlic powders to the bag (or bowl)
- Seal bag tightly and shake well to coat potatoes (or toss together to ensure even coating)
- Lightly coat the Air Fryer basket with cooking spray (oven roasting directions below)
- Pour the potatoes into the basket – be careful not to over crowd the basket otherwise the potatoes will not cook evenly. If you find you have too many potatoes, you can cook in batches. However, this might mean that you need to adjust the seasoning
- Cook for 20 minutes at 400°F (204°C)
- Toss potatoes (shake basket) several times throughout to ensure an even cook
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving as they will be very hot
No Air Fryer? Roast these potatoes in your oven!
- Bring a large stock pot of water in boil
- Season the water with some kosher salt
- Add the potatoes to the boiling water
- Boil for 7 minutes and drain well
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and oil together
- Add the potatoes to the mixing bowl and toss until evenly coated
- Pour the potatoes onto a lightly oiled baking sheet (or use a silpat)
- Roast at 425°F for 20 minutes
- Allow to cool for a few minutes out of the oven before serving
How to store and reheat these Ranch Potatoes
Store these Ranch Potatoes in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat them, pop them in the air fryer at 400°F (204°C) for 3-5 minutes to bring that crispiness back to life!
You can heat them up in the microwave, but they won’t have that initial crispy bite.
Ranch Potatoes (Air Fried)
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
These Ranch Potatoes are bursting with flavor! Crispy outsides and tender insides. They are the perfect side to almost any meal!
- 1.5 pounds of Baby Red Potaotes (or a mix of Baby Red and Baby Gold Potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons Avocado or Canola Oil
- 2 (.40 ounce) Buttermilk Ranch Packets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 cup Shredded or Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Thoroughly wash and dry potatoes
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise
- Add potatoes to large mixing bowl or gallon sized zip lock bag
- Pour oil over potatoes
- Add all dry ingredients to the bowl or bag (ranch packets, cajun seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and parmesan cheese)
- If using a mixing bowl, toss all ingredients together and coat evenly
- If using a freeze bag, seal tightly and shake until potatoes are evenly coated
- Lightly spray the Air Fryer basket
- Gently pour the potatoes into the basket and close Air Fryer
- Set temperature to 400°F (204°C)
- Set time to 20 minutes
- Shake Air Fryer basket several times throughout 'frying' to ensure an even cook over the potatoes
- Once done frying, allow to to sit for a few minutes before serving
- If desired, top with some chopped parsley, a little extra cheese and maybe a small sprinkle of salt!
JanelleOctober 14, 2020 at 6:38 pm
Potatoes are just divine. I Loved making these, they were a treat!
AnitaOctober 14, 2020 at 7:51 pm
Love these! The potatoes are so easy to prepare with an air fryer, and the flavor is awesome.
Cathleen @ A Taste of MadnessOctober 14, 2020 at 11:16 pm
Okay, you convinced me. I need to buy an air fryer ASAP. This looks so good!! Bookmarked for when I finally make the purchase 😉
Bless my food by payalOctober 15, 2020 at 2:48 am
Potatoes looking super tempting.
ZainabOctober 15, 2020 at 12:03 pm
I absolutely LOVE ranch, so these potatoes are going on my must make list! Definitely going to try them in the air fryer!
AmandaOctober 15, 2020 at 7:06 pm
Ranch and potatoes make for a perfect combination!
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and DessertOctober 15, 2020 at 9:17 pm
These Ranch Potatoes are would disappear in our house!
BethOctober 16, 2020 at 9:38 am
This looks so delicious and yummy! I can’t wait to give this a try! My family is going to love this recipe!
katerina @ diethood.comOctober 16, 2020 at 9:59 am
My family would LOVE these ranch potatoes!! They are incredibly delicious!
Toni DashOctober 16, 2020 at 11:20 am
This is so good!! Everyone at my house loved this! Really tasty!
KevinOctober 19, 2020 at 1:05 pm
Such great flavors packed into these Potatoes! I cannot wait to make them!
Kim GuzmanFebruary 12, 2021 at 7:58 pm
We’re going to love these! Always looking for a new air fryer recipe.
ANGELAFebruary 13, 2021 at 7:59 am
JamieFebruary 13, 2021 at 4:43 pm
The ranch flavors go so well with these potatoes! Delicious!
Jessica FormicolaFebruary 15, 2021 at 1:36 pm
You had me sold at “ranch!” I love how easy these are, and they’re a great side dish for any meal!