These Ranch Potatoes are bursting with flavor! Crispy outsides and tender insides. They are the perfect side to almost any meal! Plus, it’s only 7 ingredients!
Looking for more Air Fryer Recipes?! Check out these Crispy Fried Brussels Sprouts!
- Baby Red Potatoes (or a mix of Golds and Reds)
- Buttermilk Ranch Packets – you can use any version of the Ranch packets you can get your hands on
- Canola or Avocado Oil – both of these oils allow for high heat and give a nice crispiness
- Cajun Seasoning – great flavor and a little kick (if you prefer a little more kick, feel free to add up to a 1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper to the dry mix and make sure to distribute evenly)
- Onion Powder – allows for more flavor distribution as opposed to fresh onions
- Garlic Powder – allows for more flavor distribution as opposed to fresh garlic
- Parmesan Cheese – I use shredded but grated would work too, plus a little extra for topping!
- Parsley (optional, for topping)
- Kosher Salt (optional, for finishing)
How to make Ranch Potatoes
- Clean and dry potatoes, then cut potatoes in half length wise
- Place potatoes in a large gallon size ziplock bag or large mixing bowl
- Add the oil, ranch packets, cajun seasoning, parmesan cheese with onion and garlic powders to the bag (or bowl)
- Seal bag tightly and shake well to coat potatoes (or toss together to ensure even coating)
- Lightly coat the Air Fryer basket with cooking spray (oven roasting directions below)
- Pour the potatoes into the basket – be careful not to over crowd the basket otherwise the potatoes will not cook evenly. If you find you have too many potatoes, you can cook in batches. However, this might mean that you need to adjust the seasoning
- Cook for 20 minutes at 400°F (204°C)
- Toss potatoes (shake basket) several times throughout to ensure an even cook
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving as they will be very hot
No Air Fryer? Roast these potatoes in your oven!
- Bring a large stock pot of water in boil
- Season the water with some kosher salt
- Add the potatoes to the boiling water
- Boil for 7 minutes and drain well
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and oil together
- Add the potatoes to the mixing bowl and toss until evenly coated
- Pour the potatoes onto a lightly oiled baking sheet (or use a silpat)
- Roast at 425°F for 20 minutes
- Allow to cool for a few minutes out of the oven before serving
How to store and reheat these Ranch Potatoes
Store these Ranch Potatoes in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat them, pop them in the air fryer at 400°F (204°C) for 3-5 minutes to bring that crispiness back to life!
You can heat them up in the microwave, but they won’t have that initial crispy bite.
- 1.5 pounds of Baby Red Potaotes (or a mix of Baby Red and Baby Gold Potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons Avocado or Canola Oil
- 2 (.40 ounce) Buttermilk Ranch Packets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 cup Shredded or Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Thoroughly wash and dry potatoes
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise
- Add potatoes to large mixing bowl or gallon sized zip lock bag
- Pour oil over potatoes
- Add all dry ingredients to the bowl or bag (ranch packets, cajun seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and parmesan cheese)
- If using a mixing bowl, toss all ingredients together and coat evenly
- If using a freeze bag, seal tightly and shake until potatoes are evenly coated
- Lightly spray the Air Fryer basket
- Gently pour the potatoes into the basket and close Air Fryer
- Set temperature to 400°F (204°C)
- Set time to 20 minutes
- Shake Air Fryer basket several times throughout 'frying' to ensure an even cook over the potatoes
- Once done frying, allow to to sit for a few minutes before serving
- If desired, top with some chopped parsley, a little extra cheese and maybe a small sprinkle of salt!