Super creamy No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream: 4 ingredients and a few minutes to prep. The kids love helping! The hardest part is waiting for it to freeze! No ice cream machine needed!
Rick’s favorite ice cream is this Strawberry Ice Cream. He loves anything ‘refreshing’. The best part about this ice cream is that you don’t need an ice cream machine and it take just 4 ingredients.
4 simple ingredients are needed to make this Strawberry Ice Cream!
- Strawberries (fresh or frozen) If using frozen allow to thaw a little before using in recipe
- Heavy Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
How to make no churn ice cream
- Cut the tops off the strawberries and cut in half.
- In a large bowl use a potato masher to break down the strawberries. You can also use a food processor to perform this action as well. Keep roughly 1/3 cup of strawberries out. Set aside.
- Add Heavy Cream, Condensed Milk, and vanilla to a large bowl (or stand mixer) and beat until stiff peaks form – approximately 5 minutes – be careful not to over mix.
- Add strawberries to the cream mixture and gently fold together until just combined.
- Pour 1/2 mixture to a freezer safe container – glass is best.
- Add 1/3 cup mashed strawberries to container and gently swirl together.
- Pour remaining mixture on top and add a handful of chopped strawberries to top and swirl through mixture.
- Cover top with plastic wrap and gently press to the top of the mixture.
- Place in freezer for at least 4 hours or until frozen.
- Allow to sit out for a few minutes and let soften before scooping.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can do SO MUCH with it. You can add a ton of different fillings depending on what you are in the mood for.
- Strawberry Cheesecake: To do this: Whip 4 ounces of room temp cream cheese until smooth. Then, add the heavy whipping cream and condensed milk. Whip until stiff peaks form – scrapping down the bowl a couple times in between. Crush up a few graham crackers and scatter throughout the mixture. Add to container and add some cut up strawberries and graham crackers to the top then, freeze.
- Mixed Berry: To do this: Use a mixture of your favorite berries – Strawberry, Raspberry, Blackberry. Follow the instructions and just replace your strawberries with whatever berry mixture you prefer.
- Tropical: This is a fun one! Get a can of Cream of Coconut. Stick in the fridge the night before you are ready to make this. When you are ready, open the can and carefully remove the cream of coconut that should be at the very top of the can. Add this to your cream and condensed milk mixture and whip. Add pineapple chunks and chopped strawberries as your fillings!
I would recommend a glass container to freeze your ice cream in. It helps be able to thaw a little bit quicker than if you use a metal container like I did above. But, no matter what you use to freeze this in, it’s a delicious refreshing summery dessert. It does not last long in our house. But, my absolute favorite part? It literally takes less than 10 minutes to prep!
If you are looking for a truly refreshing weekend – this Frozen Strawberry Pineapple Lemonade is a delightful addition!
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste OR Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Strawberries
- Remove tops and hull strawberries
- In a large bowl, mash strawberries with a potato masher, set aside
- Pour cream, milk, and vanilla into a large bowl or stand mixer
- Mix on medium high for roughly 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form
- Reserve roughly 1/3 cup of mashed strawberries
- Gently fold remaining strawberries into cream mixture
- Pour half mixture into a freezable container
- Incorporate reserved strawberries into mixture and swirl
- Pour remaining mixture into container
- Top with chopped strawberries and gently incorporate into mixture
- Cover with plastic wrap. Gently pressing wrap into top of ice cream mixture
- Freeze for at least 4 hours
- Allow to sit for a few minutes to allow to soften before serving!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
The nutritional values above are auto calculated by a nutrition program and can vary based on brands of ingredients used.