These No Bake Peanut Butter Bars are an old family favorite. They take minutes to put together. The hardest part is waiting for the chocolate glaze to firm up! Plus, they taste like a homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup!
Craving an easy chocolate dessert? This Oreo Mug Cake is for you!
We call these Peanut Butter Goodies in our house. They are reminiscent of the peanut butter bars that Rick had in elementary school at lunch. I was on a mission to recreate them, so this recipe was born. They get a giant thumbs up from the Mister and he can hardly stay away from them when I make these.
Ingredients for No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Salt (only if using unsalted butter)
- Powdered Sugar
- Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Salted vs Unsalted Butter: You can use either in this recipe. I typically only use unsalted butter, so I add a pinch of salt to the batter and a teeny sprinkle to the top of the chocolate.
- Brown Butter: This adds about 10 minutes of prep time but what a difference it makes. Browning butter brings out an inherent nutty flavor in the bars! It is definitely worth the extra time!
- Nut Butters: Feel free to explore this. You can easily substitute a different nut butter in this recipe. I would caution to not use a nut butter that is super oily. This will cause the base to be very oily and not stick together.
- Chocolate: You can really use any chocolate you want here. I’m a dark chocolate girl, so I’ll use that any day over milk, semi-sweet, or white chocolate. I prefer that these No Bake Peanut Butter Bars aren’t so sweet, so dark chocolate it is.
- Binding Agents: There are a lot of recipes that call for graham crackers or oatmeal. You can choose to use 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs or blended oatmeal. I choose not to use them because this was most like what Rick enjoyed growing up.
How to make a giant Peanut Butter Cup!
You can really make an impression by making a giant Peanut Butter Cup. It requires a little more work but, is always a hit, especially with the kiddos!
- You will need to double your chocolate. Melt 1 /2 cup of chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of either creamy peanut butter or coconut oil.
- Pour this in the bottom of your prepared baking dish.
- Allow to set for at least 10-15 minutes in the freezer or an hour in the fridge.
- Make your peanut butter filing as normal.
- Press peanut butter filling on top of the set chocolate. Be careful not to spread filling all the way to the edges of the dish.
- Next, melt another 1/2 cup chocolate with 1 tablespoon of creamy peanut butter or coconut oil.
- Spread chocolate mixture on top of the peanut butter filling and let spill down into the crevasses to surround the filling.
- Allow to finish setting in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
When it’s done, you have a giant shareable peanut butter cup, just like a Reese’s!
I usually make a couple batches of these No Bake Peanut Butter Bars for every family function. They never ever last long! I love that they take just a few minutes of actual work to put together and that I don’t need to heat up the kitchen. They were born to help Rick remember one of his favorite childhood treats and how he and all his friends clamored for them. Anything to bring a happy memory and a smile to his face.
If you like these No Bake Peanut Butter Bars, then you’ll love these Fluffernutter Bars!
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
These No Bake Peanut Butter Bars are an old family favorite. They take minutes to put together. The hardest part is waiting for the chocolate glaze to firm up! Plus, they taste like a homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Cup!
- Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter or coconut oil
- Line an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Melt butter in microwave
- Combine powdered sugar, creamy peanut butter, vanilla, and melted butter in a large bowl. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Press peanut butter mixture into bottom of lined dish
- Melt chocolate and peanut butter (or coconut oil if you choose) in microwave in 30 second increments stirring in between each interval until fully melted. Approximately 80-90 seconds.
- Pour chocolate mixture on the top of the peanut butter filling and set in the fridge for at least 2 hours to allow the chocolate to set.
Once removed from fridge let sit for 5-10 minutes to allow to come to room temp before enjoying!
Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days in the fridge!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 518Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 3gSugar: 36gProtein: 9g
The nutritional values above are auto calculated by a nutrition program and can vary based on brands of ingredients used.
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and DessertJune 23, 2020 at 9:30 pm
These No Bake Peanut Butter Bars are look so delicious and so easy to make!
VikkiJune 24, 2020 at 2:07 am
Made these for dessert and they were gone instantly. So delicious!
CathyJune 24, 2020 at 8:52 am
These are so addictive!
KevinJune 24, 2020 at 12:18 pm
These look so good! I love a good no bake dessert!
Sara WelchJune 24, 2020 at 10:15 pm
Love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter; exactly what I needed to cure my sweet tooth! Delicious!