S’mores Brownies: What better way to celebrate Summer than with these caramel marshmallowy brownies! Semi-homemade Fudgy brownies topped with caramel sauce and homemade marshmallow creme!
If you know anything about me, it’s that I’ll pretty much do anything to have a s’mores at any time. For those of you that are Parks and Rec fans, you know that Leslie drives around with s’mores supplies in her trunk. Rick tells me that if we didn’t live in hot muggy Florida that this would be me. Well… he’s not wrong!
9 Simple Ingredients for S’mores Brownies
- Boxed Brownie Mix
- Unsalted Butter
- Jar of Caramel Sauce (optional)
- Granulated Sugar
- Cream of Tartar
- Vanilla Extract
- Crushed Graham Crackers
How to make these S’mores Brownies
Fudgy Brownies: In a large bowl, add the brownie mix, eggs, replace water on brownie box with milk, replace the oil with melted butter. Bake at 350*F for instructed amount of time.
Caramel Sauce (optional): Once brownies are finished baking. Poke holes onto the top of the brownies with a fork and add a jar of caramel sauce to the top of the brownies. Look below for recipe alternatives!
Marshmallow Creme: Over a double boiler, add eggs white, sugar, and cream of tartar. Whisk over simmering water until sugar is completely dissolved (appox. 160*F with a candy thermometer). Once the sugar is melted, add vanilla extract and mix on high with a hand or stand mixer for approximately 5-7 minutes until glossy stiff peaks form.
Constructing the S’mores Brownies: Next, Pile the marshmallow creme on top of the brownies, making sure the top of the brownies are all covered. You can either use a kitchen torch or set under the broiler for a few second at a time until the top is lightly browned.
I’m not sure about you, but I love all types of s’mores! If you aren’t into the caramel, I suggest reading below for some of my favorite alternatives!
Nutella: Add several tablespoons of Nutella to the top of the brownie mix and swirl the Nutella through the batter before baking
Nut Butter or Nut Butter Alternatives: Add a several tablespoons of Nut Butter or a Nut Butter Alternative to the top of the brownie mix and swirl through the batter before baking
Peanut Butter Cups: Pour half of the Brownie batter to the baking dish, layer peanut butter cups (regular or mini, whatever you have) top with remaining brownie batter and bake!
Hershey’s Chocolate Bars: Roughly chop Hershey Chocolate Bars and add them to the brownie batter and bake
This is such an easy comfort food recipe. It’s been a tough few months for many of us. This easy recipe is done in under an hour! Chocolate + Caramel + Marshmallow Creme = these INSANELY DELICIOUS S’more Brownies! Definitely worth a splurge one weekend!
- Fudgy Brownies
- 1 box of Fudge Brownie Mix (bag of mix only)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 jar caramel sauce
- 2 sheets of Honey Graham crackers, crushed
- Marshmallow Creme
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Grease and flour 8x8 baking dish
- In a large bowl, add brownie mix, egg, melted butter and stir until combined
- Pour brownie mix into baking dish
- Bake according to package directions
- Once brownies are done baking, use a fork to poke holes over the top of the brownies and pour caramel sauce onto the brownies
- Allow to cook to room temperature
- When cooled, prepare a double boiler with 2 inches of water on the bottom of the boiler
- Add sugar, egg whites, and cream of tartar
- Whisk until frothy and all sugar has melted (approx. 160*F on a candy thermometer)
- Next, add the vanilla extract
- Mix on high with either a hand mixer or stand mixer until stiff glossy peaks form - this will take roughly 5-8 minutes depending on the strength of your mixer
- Then, add the marshmallow creme to the top of the brownies
- For added interest, swoop the creme into peaks on the brownies before browning them with a kitchen torch or under the oven broiler
- If browning the creme under the broiler, place the dish at least 8 inches from the broiler and watch very carefully
- Sprinkle crushed graham crackers over the top of brownies
If you do not have a double boiler, use a pot and a sauce pan to melt the sugar mixture
If using the oven to brown the marshmallow creme, DO NOT walk away from the oven. Keep the pan at least 8 inches from the creme and watch until the desired amount of browning.
You can also add a drizzle of chocolate sauce to the top of the brownies before serving
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 91mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 0gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g
The nutritional values above are auto calculated by a nutrition program and can vary based on brands of ingredients used.